Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dust Dust Go Away...Don't Come Back Another Day!

Ok, let me start by giving you a few clues to see if you know who or what I am referring to.  This thing is everywhere, it can be found inside and outside, and it is irritating.  No, it is not your neighbor!  I'm referring to DUST.  It is everywhere.  I swear, I just dust a table, turn around, and by the time I look back the dust has already resettled on the table.

In my younger years, I prided myself on being the dust master.  I wouldn't allow dust to live at my house.  But with the wisdom of age, I too have discovered what many of you already know...it is hopeless!  Dust the dresser, and the dust moves to the nightstand.  Dust the nightstand and it moves to the bookshelf.  If you look closely you can see the dust laughing at your futile attempts to permanently dispose of it.

Dust reminds me of the ants we have in Southern Utah.  You can poison those suckers with an entire bag of ant kill, and they just move and pop up somewhere else.  I've tried poisoning them, drowning them, even burning the hole.  Let me tell you, that doesn't work.  Neither does burning half your property down, but that's Larry story!  Sorry, I just can't let him forget it too soon.

Anyway, back to ants and dust.You can also add 109 degree weather to the list of irritating things.  The heat transforms people into living and breathing fighting machines.  They'll fight for the closest parking stall, leave their cars running with kids and animals inside, while they dash into the minute market.  Normally nice people suddenly start chewing their arm, and yours off about everything. When it's this hot you'd better be careful about approaching people, and make sure your children don't blurt out something about the stinky, sweating guy in line ahead of you.  This does not make friends and influence people.

After deep thought, which totally drains me, I have decided that the heat, ants, and dust are welcome to each other.  For all I care the heat can burn up the ants, and move the dust from room to room.  I personally am going to boycott dusting.  What's the most that can happen?  A dust monster might get me?   Tremendous guilt might overwhelm me?  I might have nightmares about ants and dust?  Nah!  Not going to happen.

So friends unite.  Put the dust buster down.  Put the ant poison away.  Some say everything is going to hell in a hand basket anyway; so sit back in your dust and enjoy the entertainment:)

No comments:

Post a Comment