Friday, February 11, 2011

Crazy!

Have you ever had occasion to consider the things that drive you absolutely nuts?  Well, i obviously have too much time on my hands, or I'm bored stiff...but I just have to let it all out tonight.  Of course, there are things that I have no control over, like old people driving huge RVs that can't even see over the dashboard.  Then they decide to change lanes...WATCH OUT!  They can move from the far right, to the turning lane on the far left, and not even use a turning signal.  LOVE IT!

Or how about Wal-mart "greeters" that stare at you like you are a shop lifters going in to the store.  I thought they were suppose to greet you, and make you feel welcome in the store.  Oh, no, no, no.  They glare at you. It's especially bad when you have a sweet darling child with you.  Oh the nerve, to bring kids shopping!  Can you imagine (Right!)

Lots of service industry people could take a course on customer service which includes a whole chapter on how to smile at the customer. (No offense Pam.  You are perfect:)  But all the others, except Pam, need help.  Sometimes it's like checking out with a Zombie.  There is a particular girl at Wal-mart that I swear died back in October, and is still standing at the same register just moving things back and forth.  No emotion, conversation, acknowledgement, or even a cough.  Look for her.  She is easy to spot.  She never moves, and her eyes are glazed over...poor thing.

I guess the things that are the most upsetting to me are personal things: like being stood up to get the grandchildren. I waited all day to pick up two of my grandchildren to take them on a hike.  Jon and I were all pumped up about it.  I watched the clock until it was ten minutes to three, and we zoomed over, ran to the doorstep, knocked, and knocked, and knocked.  No one answered the door.  I was crushed with disappointment.  This is two times in a row that we have tried to plan a little hike with them, and it's always something.  This drives me more crazy than anything.  I just want to be grandma.  I just want to leave memories with the little ones in my life.

I'm not asking to be grandma of the year, or take the kids for a month.  I just want time with them.  I'm always afraid that I won't get as much time with my grandchildren as I want.  Hopefully the Lord will see how much my grandchildren mean to me, and allow me lots of time on earth with them.

So please....don't drive me crazy by keeping the kids away.  They are my reason for being here, for living.  They are the reason I get up in the morning.  The reason I keep going even when my body doesn't want to.

Yes, things drive me batty.   Most of it is unimportant, as long as the old folks don't run over me.  But family makes me crazy with happiness.  Thank you to those in law and outlaw children who are respectful, and try so hard to make my life even better.  I love you, and I appreciate you sharing your most precious children with me.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry things didn't work out for you today. Just remember you are a great grandma and we all know it!! I love you! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry too--not everyone can be as pleasant as Pam and I:-)!! We love you and appreciate you. The others are only hurting themselves. Much love to you--

    ReplyDelete