Saturday, February 20, 2010

Watching People at Church is Entertaining

Have you ever seriously watched the interaction of children and parents at church? Because I have been there, done that....I have observed different ways that parents keep their young ones in a church meeting.

1. The Open Door Policy. This is where parents sit at the end of a row, and whenever the child even leans on their leg, they swing over and let the child escape.

2. The Divide and Conquer Parents. These are my favorites because they really are trying. One parent stations themselves at both ends of a row; thereby correling the kids.

3. The "I don't care how loud you bawl," parents. These brave souls determine that no matter what, they are not letting their chhildren out of the meeting. "If I have to stay, you have to stay!" You have to love these guys as their children discover their lung capacity.

4. The "I will be the one to sacrifice, and take the kid out." These are typically dads who still like to eat the kids treats you brought, and play cars out in the hallway. Funny how they go out, and never come back!

Of course, I'm just kidding. Keeping children reverant and quiet is difficult, and all in all I think most parents make an effort to keep the kids happy and in the meeting. So...pass the cheerios!

No comments:

Post a Comment