Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful To Be Thankful

Well, it's almost Thanksgiving. For the last week I have contemplated everything I am thankful for. It all boils down to.... I am thankful to be thankful. There have been many times in my life, where I could have left this earth. Thankfully, Heavenly Father has allowed me to remain here on the earth, where it is such a blessing to live.

I think about each of my eight living grandchildren, and little Tanner that is laid to rest at the Washington City Cememtery. Those grandchildren mean everything to me. Each of them bring so much to my life.

Matt is my first grandchild. We have watched him grow into a smart, and loving 11 year old boy. Matt always has a smile for me, as well as a loving hug.Matt is so smart.

Talia is our first redhead. She is beautiful and loves science. She wants to be a doctor. I hope she will pursue that dream. Talia can always make me laugh.

Emily is our oldest dancer. She has been dancing since she was 4 years old. It has been beautiful to watch her mature, and come out of her shell.Emily is smart and cute all in one.

Cicily is our drama queen. She could be on Broadway. She loves to act, sing, and dance. Cicily is always kind to all the younger kids. She is beautiful and a great helper.

Nate the great is our second redhead. He is a hoot. If there is dirt, you'll find Nate. He can dig a hole as big as himself in no time! Nate is a cute boy, and likes being in Kindergarten.

Shelby is a beautiful 4 year old, and grandma's girl. We love each other very much. Shelby loves to laugh, dance, smile, and play. There is never enough play time for Shelbs. She is beautiful.

Xander is our special little angel. He has a form of autism, but is making great headway at his pre-school. He has such a sweet personality, and is very loving. He looks like his dad, and always has a hug and kiss for me.

Kiley is my baby. She is the kindest, sweetest little child. She gives more hugs and kisses than anyone. I love to listen to Kiley talk. And seeing her dance is pure joy. She has the most beautiful blue eyes.

Tanner is gone from us. But I had the sacred priviledge of holding him for a few minutes. I look forward to meeting and holding him one day. I know he is an angel.

I love my children. Each of them is different. There are times that they push my buttons, but I wouldn't trade any of them....challenges and all.

I'm thankful for Larry. He drives me nuts sometimes, but he is a good man, and tries very hard to keep me happy. That's a full time job:)

So, at this Thanksgiving, I am thankful to be here "on the right side of the dirt. I've been lost, I've been lonely, I've been hurt." But through it all, I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me, and knows of my hallenges. Thank you Heavenly Father for loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment