Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Reflections on Fall

There is nothing quite as beautiful as the leaves of fall. I love to get up in the morning and look at the different colors of trees in our yard. I don't know if you have noticed, but there is also a special and unique smell of fall.

The air is so crisp and clean, it reminds me of being up in the mountains. I miss the sounds of the rustling quaking aspen, and the smell of the pines. However, I do enjoy the leaves when we rake them together and let the grandkids jump in them. That always brings back fond memories to me of being at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Milton. We would play in the leaves until they became wet, and then Grandpa would insist we rake them up for good. But what fun we enjoyed with just leaves...life was so much less complicated then.

No comments:

Post a Comment